Entrance Requirements For Anybody Going on
Everybody knows the feeling of having to prepare the right documents when planning out their vacations. The word ‘bureaucracy’ can leave a pit in people’s stomachs. However, most foreigners going on Italian vacations will only need a valid passport to enter and stay in Italy.
Since Lake Como is close to Switzerland, many travelers like to visit both countries while there. Keep in mind, that you may need to get a visa for both countries if the situation applies to you.
Entrance Requirements – Italian Vacations
Online Visa Agencies: If you are from a country that requires a visa to enter Italy, you can avoid the stress and long queues at offices by getting a visa agency to arrange your visa. One such place is:
Travel Visa Pro, San Francisco, USA. 1-888-470-8472
Entry requirements for Americans: United States citizens must have a passport, but a visa is not required for stays of up to 90 days.
Entry requirements for UK nationals: British passport holders, endorsed British Citizen, British National (Overseas), British Overseas Territories Citizen, or British Subject do not need a visa to visit Italy for up to 90 days. Other passport holders require a visa.
Entry requirements for Canadians: Canadians must have a passport, but no visa is required for stays of up to 90 days.
Entry requirements for Australians: Australians must have a passport, but no visa is required for stays of up to 90 days.
Entry requirements for South Africans: South Africans need a passport and a Schengen visa to travel to Italy.
Entry requirements for New Zealanders: New Zealand citizens must have a passport, but no visa is required for stays of up to 90 days.
Entry requirements for Irish nationals: Irish nationals require a passport, but no visa is required for a stay of up to 90 days.
Passport/Visa Note: The borderless region known as the Schengen area includes the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden. All these countries issue a standard Schengen visa that has a multiple entry option that allows the holder to travel freely within the borders of all. Travelers are advised to have a return or onward tickets, all documents required for their next destination and sufficient funds to cover the period of intended stay in Italy.
Note: Passport and visa requirements are liable to change at short notice. Travelers embarking upon Italian Vacations are advised to check their entry requirements with their embassy or consulate.
If you ever run into problems during your Italian vacations, contact your nearest consulate or embassy:
Consulates and Embassies
Consulates near Lake Como in Italy
United States Consulate in Milan, +39 02 290351
British Consulate in Milan +39 02 723001
Canada Consulate in Padova, +39 049 8764833
Australian Consulate in Milan +39 02 77 704 242
South African Consulate in Milan +39 02 885 8581
Ireland Consulate in Milan +39 2551 87 569
New Zealand Consulate in Milan +39 02 49 90 201
Italian Embassy, Washington DC, United States: +1 202 612 4400.
Italian Embassy, London, United Kingdom: +44 (0)20 7312 2200.
Italian Embassy, Ottawa, Canada: +1 613 232 2401.
Italian Embassy, Canberra, Australia: +61 (0)2 6273 3333.
Italian Embassy, Pretoria, South Africa: +27 (0)12 423 0000.
Italian Embassy, Dublin, Ireland: +353 (0)1 660 1744.
Italian Embassy, Wellington, New Zealand: +64 (0)4 473 5339.
Foreign Embassies in Italy
United States Embassy, Rome: +39 06 46741.
British Embassy, Rome: +39 06 4220 0001.
Canadian Embassy, Rome: +39 06 85444 1.
Australian Embassy, Rome: +39 06 852 721.
South African Embassy, Rome: +39 06 852 541.
Irish Embassy, Rome: +39 06 697 9121.
New Zealand Embassy, Rome: +39 06 441 7171.
Before leaving for Italian vacations, make copies of the passport page with your photo, traveler’s checks serial numbers, travel insurance policies, plane tickets, and any other important documents that you may be carrying. Keep them separate from your originals. If you are able, it will be wise to leave a set at home and tell someone you trust where they are, just in case you would need them faxed or sent to you.
In the unfortunate event of losing your passport, notify the police and the nearest embassy/consulate of your home government IMMEDIATELY. You will need to have all the information from your lost passport, proof of citizenship, and identification. Ask for temporary traveling papers that will allow you to re-enter your home destination, since the process of obtaining a replacement for your passport may take weeks.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your Italian vacations…
- In case you are touring Italy, benefit from their outstanding rail system. As an alternative to flying to every of your own destinations, only fly to your first city and after that jump on the train. In fact, a train from Milan to Colico take about two hours but costs less than 10 euros! By traveling overland, you are certain to obtain a fantastic glance at the area beyond the major city stops, and it will be considerably more affordable.
- In case you are going to Italy with gadgets, understand that the voltage for household outlets will probably be distinct from in Canada And America. Also note, that some objects that use motors will not be able to be transformed without a $2000 appliance on board with you! Always pay attention to the watts used by your device.
- If you are planning on traveling to Lake Como you might like to consider residing in a hotel that provides a spot to cook your own personal food. Unlike in the United States, eating out in Italy could be rather pricey due to the coperto or cover charges charged by eateries. This might even assist you in getting a much better sense of the culture Italy and Italian food.
- Youth hostels certainly are a valid selection for cheap, no-frills travel lodgings in Italy. As the hostel method is most thoroughly established in continental Europe, a bit of research will see decent hostels in virtually any large city on earth. There are two in Lake Como – the most popular being the one in Menaggio.
- To prevent crowds and prices, you need to plan your holiday for that off-season of the destination. You must avoid visiting Italy during the summer because through the summer you may face crowds, booked hotels, and plenty of tourists for instance. Visit in the off-season to have an authentic experience.
- Attempt to avoid visiting Italy throughout the hot summer time. It is basically the worst time to vacation there. Another reason is that charges are higher, many trips are booked as well as over-booked, and there are lots of crowds during this period of the season. Experience Italy within the off-season to discover what it’s like for locals. In Lake Como, off-season is as late as September and as early as April.
- In case you are charging the phone call for your charge card, when you are traveling in Europe, it might be expensive to make international cell phone calls. Ways to spend less when putting a long-distance call is always to purchase a worldwide phone card. You might also get the added comfort of texting messages home which happens to be even less expensive than a telephone call.
In summary, traveling is a kind of activity that a majority of people do at once or some other in their lives. For this reason it is very important to discover all you are able about traveling which means you are prepared for your upcoming trip! Maintain the tips above under consideration every time you consider traveling later on.