How to Choose Between Lake Como Accommodations
When choosing between the Lake Como accommodations listed below, you’ll be satisfied to know that there is wide variety of accommodations to suit travelers of all ages, tastes and budgets…Lake Como Hotels, B&Bs, Apartments, Villas, Agriturismos, and campsites.
The main thing to keep in mind is that the northern part of Lake Como is much more rural than the southern part. While southern towns can get very crowded with tourists in the summer all the way to Menaggio, the northern towns can remain as quiet and remote as their vast nature reserves.
Want to find out how much you’ll be up for? Check out the best Lake Como accommodations search engine on the internet, Kayak.com. You can search between 100+ sites with one click. It searches over 100 travel sites for hotels, B&B’s, apartments and consistently brings back the lowest prices.
So, now let’s have a look at all the different types of Lake Como accommodations available at your fingertips…
Lake Como Hotels blend in wonderfully with their surroundings as they are usually family-run and well looked after. Although rooms are usually smaller than Americans may be used to, they can have exquisite, individual decor and lovely exterior architecture. Many have splendid, lake view rooms to make your vacation especially memorable. There are Lake Como hotels to suit every kind of budget from cheap 1-star hostels to grand 5-star palaces.
Hotels are the most popular form of Lake Como accommodations. Click here to read some of our advice about getting Lake Como Italy hotels
Read a review of every Lake Como hotel by checking out our hotel directory.
Lake Como villa rentals can offer you complete peace and tranquility while enjoying the benefits of having a place completely to yourself (so that you can invite all your cousins and their cousins…) They are often very old buildings of historical significance, built by wealthy individuals whose families still run it to this day.
Keep in mind that some hotels still call themselves villas because they were rebuilt or based upon a villa that once stood in its location. They maintain the presence of a villa and are surrounded by lovely gardens overlooking the lake. They still make wonderful Lake Como accommodations if you don’t mind sharing the building with other guests.
Find magnificent villas using our special search engine.
Traveling with your family? Lake Como apartments may be the type of accommodation you are looking for. Typically these will allow you the use of a kitchen and other amenities such as a swimming pool to cool off in the summer, or a private garden to sip some limoncello under the shade.
Since you are actually renting out an entire apartment, the rooms will usually be more spacious than they would be in a hotel. They are an excellent value for a perfect Lake Como vacation, when you are traveling with a group of 3 or more people.
Find charming Lake Como apartments using our special search engine.
Bed and Breakfast, B&B
Lake Como B&Bs are charming private houses with a small number of rooms sometimes offering a better value than hotels. Thanks to their relaxed atmosphere and home-cooked meals, guests often feel like they’re right at home. They often get quickly booked up during the summer months as they are a great choice for romantic vacations and family getaways.
This is the most unique form of the Lake Como accommodations, especially for non-Italian tourists. The word literally means farm holiday. Because they are located out in the countryside, you will only find them in northern Lake Como towns. If you love the idea of staying in charming, old Italian villas with rural scenery and delicious, organic food, then you will enjoy staying at an Agriturismo.
They often produce home-made cheese, wine and olive oil and rooms are much less expensive than those found in Lake Como hotels.
Lake Como Camping
Lake Como has campsites spread out across the entire lake but are most popular in the northern towns. They are usually in wonderful locations right by the lake and offer a wide range of facilities such as laundry & toilet, swimming pools, various sports (equipment rental and instruction), and great restaurants nearby. They are very inexpensive and extremely popular during the summer months.
Finding Lake Como Accommodation Tips
Lake Como, Italy is an excellent spot to go for a vacation and finding Como accommodation should never be an issue. The only times it becomes an issue is when there is a major convention happening in town or there just happens to be a huge surge in tourists during a particular summer weekend. That’s why it is always a good idea to book ahead during the high-season months – April – September.
The qualities on offer for most Como accommodation varies from small, intimate flats in especially panoramic locations to exquisite, luxurious villas of particular cultural curiosity surrounded by a wonderful countryside. All you have to do is choose the area at which you intend to stay for your holiday and the local tourist board will offer you an extensive range of fascinating suggestions. Examine each property presented to you in depth, such as its geographic distance to main city squares and always ask for photographic material, which provides a realistic concept concerning the hotel/flat/villa you’re deciding on possibly renting.
Como Accommodation – Lake Como Villas
The principal justification of why Italy in is such a popular tourist place, it because there’s so much to see and do. Is an unforgettable encounter to relish in everything it has to offer. However, if you intend to really “go for it all” in Lake Como and not have to worry about a single facet of your holiday, then you should really rent out a villa. Lake Como villas are fantastic no matter if you’re travelling with a couple of individuals or in a sizable group. When travelling with a very large group, they may be even fairly economical at the same time.
A villa offers more space for you yourself to spread out and to easily host your household or group. Furthermore, to preserve the exceptional standards of Italian lodging, most proprietors continuously scrutinize the properties on their list to make sure the lodging remains at the highest standards. Go ahead and reserve Como accommodation today to start taking advantage of all the beauty that Lake Como can offer you.
Lake Como accommodations are a refuge from the hustle bustle of everyday life, and you’ll encounter a land with a strange spirit linked to it. Holidays in Lake Como are just like a figment of your imagination painted with copious amounts of glory. Scattered with enchanting small towns and high-end villas, Lake Como hotels are often nearly a century in age and maintain overriding appeal; the Lake of Como is a trademark destination in itself.
5-star Lake Como Accommodations
Enjoy evenings at Bellagio’s Grand Resort Villa Serbelloni, which also comprises of a complete dinner with wine each night. This sumptuous resort is surrounded by lavish gardens and remarkable mountains bordering the Como Lake, the most lovely of the amorous Italian lakes. The scene is spectacular across the entire hamlet of Bellagio, the “Pearl of the Lake”, which showcases a distinctive promontory site to the northern coastline.
Other 5-star Lake Como resorts feature the Grand Hotel in Tremezzo and of course, the highly opulent Villa D’Este in Cernobbio. The bedrooms are lavishly furnished in Italianate design, along with the dining area is celebrated because of its innovative cuisine. These 5-star Lake Como hotels also have a big outside swimming pool adjoining the lake shore.
Booking Lake Como Accommodations Tips
- If you would like enjoy late-night dining without the need to leave your hotel room, consider using room service. Not needing to dress up and go out will probably be worth every penny, even though the cost will certainly be a bit higher.
- By using the hotel safe based in your Lake Como hotel, maintain your electronics secure. It is possible to put your iPad, GPS watch, along with other small, costly items in the safe, then head out for the day with reassurance about their security. Agriturismos will usually not have a safe, but they are almost always located in places where crime is next to zero.
- Several things should be considered when selecting the best hotel. Cost is one factor, however you may even need your hotel to be close to a particular destination. You may or may not worry about such amenities like a gym, large pool, WiFi or a free breakfast buffet. Seek to discover a hotel that provides a great deal of attractive amenities.
- Prior to booking your Lake Como accommodations, search the net for deals. Frequently, the individual you book your living space with will not tell you that exist a deduction online. It can be your responsibility to locate these discounts. Websites like Expedia and TripAdvisor, and Jetsetter usually have promising bargains for certain hotels that you just won’t find elsewhere for any better price. This rule even holds true for 5-star hotels!
- Also on this note…the price for almost any give hotel will afflicted with how early you book the area. Hotels give rooms a value based upon what’s available. If it’s possible, your living space needs to be booked around per day ahead of time or higher. This can get you the most effective rate in your hotel room. Empty rooms don’t create the hotel money, so they’re delighted to cut the retail price and reserve a room.
- Make certain you know once your check-with time is. Sometimes there are people who don’t know as soon as the room is going to be ready and in addition they aren’t certain of how to deal with any additional time they already have since they can’t sign in. If you realise you will be arriving early, call your accommodation beforehand and find out if you may be allowed in.
- Never think that all Lake Como hotels are pet-friendly. Call before you book so you are aware beyond doubt. Always inquire about precisely what a pet-friendly policy entails, as there could certainly be limits on breeds and sizes.
- Book early should you prefer a couples massage. The best masseuses are booked well ahead of time. These tend to really sell out in Lake Como!
- Call the hotel prior to deciding to arrive to ensure the pool is working order. You will find few things as frustrating as showing up to and including hotel, with the kids chomping at the bit to go into the pool, only to get it closed for repairs. Several customers have already complained about this fact to us!
- Inquire in case the Lake Comohotel is a non-smoking hotel. In case you are a nonsmoker, you might like to avoid hotels that provide smoking rooms. Even non-smoking rooms may have smoke billow in from nearby. You might find which a smoker has been around your non-smoking room before you decide to and ignored the principles. Too avoid contact with the aroma of tobacco smoke, it may be wise to stop at a non-smoking hotel.
It’s not too difficult to get a reasonable, comfortable Lake Como accommodations where ever you happen to be going. Being familiar with the pitfalls will help you avoid them. So turn you focus to your start and packing anticipating an incredible trip. You may tell your loved ones how enjoyable your Lake Como vacation was.Finding Lake Como accommodations naturally requires some careful planning to ensure that you get the most out of your holiday.
Return from Lake Como Accommodations to the Como Guide Homepage.